Polyethylene PE1000 Sheet – UHMWPE Wear-Resistant
Polythylene PE 1000 sheet commonly refered to as ultra-high-molecular-weight, UHMW, or UHMWPE, is one o our most popular engineering plastics. It provides excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals, impact and wear, and offers very low co-eficient of friction. UHMW is also non-toxic, odourless, and is highly resistant to mosture.
UHMW plastic sheet is commonly machined into wear strips, chain guides and change parts and is a popular engineering plastic in food processing and bottling operations. Specific grades of PE1000 are also used in bulk material handling applications to line chutes, hoppers and dump trucks, helping to improve product flow and prevent against ratholing and arching.
|2||Molding shrinkage %||ASTMD6474||1.0-1.5|
|3||Elongation at break||%||GB/T1040-1992||238|
|5||Ball indentation hardness test 30g||Mpa||DINISO 2039-1||38|
|9||Static softening temp.||ENISO3146||132|
|13||Sliding properties and friction coefficient||PLASTIC/STEEL(WET)||0.19|
|14||Sliding properties and friction coefficient||PLASTIC/STEEL(DRY)||0.14|
|15||Shore hardness D||64|
1. Improve wear resistance. One of the most striking properties of UHMW polyethylene is its extremely high abrasion resistance, which is invaluable in many engineering applications. Among all plastics, its wear resistance is the best, and even the regular wear resistance of many metal materials (such as carbon steel, stainless steel, bronze, etc.) is not as good as it. As the molecular weight of polyethylene increases, the material becomes more wear-resistant.
2. Extremely high impact resistance. The impact strength of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene is related to its molecular weight. When the molecular weight is lower than 2 million, the impact strength increases with the increase of the molecular weight, and reaches a peak at about 2 million. After the peak, the impact strength increases with the molecular weight. will decline. This is because the molecular chain is abnormal and hinders its photocrystallization, so that there is a large amorphous region in the macromolecule, which can absorb a large impact energy.
3. Low friction coefficient. UHMWPE is very wear-resistant, has a low coefficient of friction and good self-lubrication, and is an ideal material for bearing bushings, sliders and linings.
The use of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene as the friction part of the equipment can not only improve the wear-resistant life, but also save energy.
4. Good chemical resistance. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene has good chemical corrosion resistance. Except for concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulfuric acid, it will not be corroded in all lye and acid solutions, and can be used in concentrated hydrochloric acid at a temperature (80°C, It is also stable in <20% nitric acid, <75% sulfuric acid, and it is also stable in water, liquid washing.)
However, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene is very easy to swell in aromatic or halogenated compounds (especially under higher temperature conditions), so special attention should be paid during application.
5. Very low water absorption. UHMWPE has a very low water absorption rate, it is almost non-absorbent, does not swell in water, and is much less absorbent than nylon.
6. Thermal properties. According to the method of ASTM (load 4.6kg/cm2), the heat distortion temperature is 85℃. Under a small load, the service temperature can reach 90℃. In special cases, it is allowed to use at a higher temperature. High molecular weight polyethylene is a material with excellent toughness, so its low resistance is also very good, and it still has a certain degree of ductility at a low temperature of -269 ° C, and there is no sign of embrittlement.
7. Electrical properties. UHMWPE has excellent electrical properties in a wide temperature range, its volume resistance is 10-18CM, its breakdown voltage is 50KV/mm, and its dielectric constant is 2.3. In a wide temperature and frequency range, its electrical properties change very little. In the heat-resistant temperature range, it is very suitable for use as structural materials in electrical engineering and materials in paper mills.
8. Non-toxic ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene is tasteless, non-toxic, odorless, non-corrosive, and has physiological circulation and physiological adaptability. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) allow it to be used in contact with food and medicines.
Its characteristics, especially wear resistance, impact resistance, and self-lubricating properties, are the best among engineering plastics.
|Product Name||Production Process||Size（mm）||color|
|UHMWPE Sheet||mold press||2030*3030*（10-200）||white, black, blue, green, others|
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene refers to linear structure polyethylene with a molecular weight of more than 3 million. It is an engineering plastic with the best comprehensive performance. Its five properties are wear resistance, impact resistance, corrosion resistance, self-lubrication, and impact energy absorption. There are the best of plastics, known internationally as "amazing materials".
1. Applications based on wear resistance and impact resistance
1) Textile machinery
Textile machinery is the earliest application field of UHMWPE. At present, there are an average of 30 UHMWPE parts used abroad in each textile machinery, such as shuttle picks, shuttle sticks, gears, couplings, sweeping rods, buffer blocks, eccentrics, rod bushings, swinging back beams, etc. worn parts.
2) Paper making machinery
Paper machinery is the second area of UHMWPE application. At present, the amount of UHMWPE used in papermaking machinery accounts for 10% of the total. Guide wheels, scrapers, filters, etc.
3) Packaging machinery
Use UHMWPE to replace modified fluoroplastics to make guide rails, slider seats, fixed plates, etc. of conveyors, UHMW-PE guide rails, spacers, and guardrails (plastic steel).
4) General machinery
UHMWPE can be used to make gears, cams, impellers, rollers, pulleys, bearings, bushes, bushings, pins, gaskets, gaskets, elastic couplings, screws, pipe clamps, etc. Such as the protective panels of docks and bridge piers.
2. Applications based on self-lubricating and non-stick properties
1) material storage and transportation
UHMWPE can be used to make powder linings, such as: silo, hopper, chute and other return devices, sliding surfaces, rollers, etc. Coal hopper, powder product hopper and other hopper lining storage bin hopper lining board.
2) agricultural, construction machinery
UHMWPE can be used to make anti-wear plates and brackets for agricultural implements.
UHMWPE can be used to make skating sled boards, sled boards, etc.
3. Applications based on corrosion resistance and non-water absorption
1) container packaging
Using UHMW-PE to make warm water containers for solar energy equipment is currently one of the most widely used fields of UHMWPE.
2) chemical equipment
Use UHMW-PE to make chemical industry components, such as: sealing fillers, packing materials, vacuum mold boxes, pump components, bearing bushes, gears, sealing joints, etc.
3) the pipeline
4. Applications that are mainly hygienic and non-toxic
1) food and beverage industry
In the beverage light industry, its outstanding wear resistance, impact resistance, self-lubrication and non-toxicity are mainly used to manufacture various gears, cams, conveyor line wear-resistant guardrails, gaskets, guide rails and various anti-friction, self-lubricating Lubricated bushings, liners, etc. Such as: guard rails, star wheels, guide gears, bearing bushes, etc. of food machinery.
5.Application of other properties: ship parts, extremely low temperature mechanical parts, etc.
1) low temperature resistance application
2) Application of electrical insulation properties
3) Application in coal mines
we can also make
UHMWPE +MoS2 sheet
Impact-Resistant UHMWPE sheet
Anti-Static UHMWPE sheet
Flame Retardant UHMWPE sheet
Anti-Radiation UHMWPE sheet
Anti-UV UHMWPE sheet